Saturday, March 28, 2009

Par for the Course

Although I'm still a little bummed about last night's loss to Michigan State, I must say I'm not nearly as distraught this year as I've been after previous tourney losses. I will admit that I got a little teary at the end, but that was only because we were so close to winning that game! We played so confidently and so solidly in the first half I just can't believe we blew it at the end. Well actually, I can believe we blew it because we've blown so many other big leads this year! Somehow, our guys just never quite figured out how to play a full 40 minute game this entire season. I'm hoping that the loss will leave such a bad taste in the mouths of the players that they'll all be doubly motivated to come back next year and redeem themselves!

For most of the game last night we had a fun time watching with a few of our friends at Jack's, which is always crazy and loud and raucous during KU games. However, I'm positive that the change of venue was definitely not worth jinxing the win! I promise that next year we're sticking to the same viewing location as long as the winning streak continues!

Overall, I'm very proud of our Jayhawks, who should be proud of their standing as the Big 12 regular season champs. As it turns out, the Big 12 was a pretty darn good conference, seeing as we had 3 teams who made it to the Sweet Sixteen and 2 who made it to the Elite Eight. Although I'm super happy that Mizzou lost today and isn't headed on to Detroit next weekend, I'll be cheering for OU to make it to the Final Four tomorrow!

No comments: