Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Shaq's Big Results

I'm not necessarily a fan of Shaquille O'Neal, and I'm certainly not a fan of reality television, but when Chad and I saw a promo for Shaq's Big Challenge a few months ago, we agreed that it was kind of a neat idea. I never actually watched an episode, but Monday on Good Morning America they featured kids from the show who had successfully lost weight with Shaq's help. It was so amazing and moving it almost brought tears to my eyes, so I just had to share. You can check out the video of the kids on GMA here. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I've been watching GMA every day this week, I missed this. The clip made it look like Shaq was really involved in the program, not just some celebrity throwing his money at something and letting other people fix a problem. I hope their message to government really does make a difference in the schools.

Unknown said...

I watched part of it one night and was amazed at how much he took on and then had initially a struggle to keep it going because, if I remember right the school or the system wasn't being as cooperative as he had hoped. I'm glad that he modeled to people who give up can see what a change happened with those those kids. Some will make it and some won't but seeing the possible may help others that we will never know about. sa

Erin said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I was wanting to see the results and had kind of forgotten about it. I think it's great what Shaq did. Those kids looked so happy!