Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Race for the Cure

Tonight I'm going to try and very quickly share what I was so excited to talk about last night, even though now it might not seem so exciting. The back story is this: a few weeks ago I put together a team for the Susan G. Komen for a Cure Race for the Cure in Kansas City, which is this Sunday, August 12. This was an event that I participated in last year along with a team that my friend Amber was on, which was captained by her good friend and cousin-in-law Amy. Chad had also participated in the event with our friend Nolan and our friend Robyn, and the three of them registered a team using Robyn's creative team name: the Cancer Hating Boob Savers. It was such a cool and very huge event, I definitely wanted to participate again this year, and I also wanted my mom to be able to enjoy the festivities. When it came time to register this year, Robyn was without Internet access and very busy with her new job, so I went ahead and registered the team and invited friends to join. Ten of those friends accepted my invitation, including my mom, who is very excited to walk in her first 5K ever!

So to make a long story short, since I was way late registering the team, I didn't get the chance to have team t-shirts made, which was a fun thing that Amy did for the team I was on last year. Then a week or so ago I got a brilliant idea: I should buy those t-shirt iron on sheets that you can just run through your printer, along with some cheap Hanes undershirts, and then design a logo for us. When I finally finished the logo last night and then printed out my first decal and ironed it on, I was SOOOOO excited because I thought the final product turned out pretty darn good! Check it out!! :)



So last night I printed out 5 more decals and tonight I ironed on 3 more shirts, and they are still looking pretty good, although the black ink must be running low in my printer because the whole batch of 5 turned out to have purple lettering instead of black!! Oh well, hopefully they still look okay! Even if they're cheap t-shirts that only last for one day, I think it will be worth it to have great team spirit on Sunday! :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

The shirt looks great Kim! Purple letters huh, must be a closeted K-State fan.

kjl said...

Somehow I knew I'd get a comment like that from you!! :P

Anonymous said...

Check out the team brochure you got at Ameristar and I think you'll see some familiar faces from last year! (I haven't seen it myself, but Amy called me yesterday to share that we were famous!)

kjl said...

I saw that too!!! I actually did a double-take when I picked up the brochure and saw all of our smiling faces! The picture was slightly distorted, so we all look rather wide unfortunately, but we're still famous!! :)

vwiese said...

Kim,
I love the shirt, my friend was going to put a logo together for our 3 day walk so we could totally do this, nice!!!!

kjl said...

I'm guessing (and hoping) her logo will be a little more creative and professional looking than mine! :)