Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Belated B-Day to Heather!!

In the midst of our travels over the last few days I forgot to blog about something extremely important! My dear friend Heather had a birthday on Friday, and while I didn't actually forget her birthday (I at least remembered to send her a card), I was so busy babbling about our first day in Ohio, I forgot to actually give her a shout out on the old blog! Happy late birthday, friend!

If you've met my friend Heather, you know she's one of the most gentle, kind, caring and patient people you will ever meet! She has been the toddler teacher at Raintree for many years (has it been 10 already?), and seriously, you have to have the patience of Job to work with toddlers each and every day! Of course they all adore her because she's a wonderfully caring teacher. She's also super gentle and caring with animals of ALL shapes and sizes, including spiders and insects and snakes--oh my! Heather is the only person I've ever met who will capture a spider inside the house so that she can release it outside instead of just squishing it. She's also the only woman I've ever met who is brave enough to kill a poisonous snake who ventured too close to her house and family!

Heather's love for nature extends to her beautiful flower gardens, as well as to outdoor activities such as camping and canoeing. She's a wonderful host and is always entertaining us out at the beautiful home that she and Grant designed, built and decorated all on their own. She is nothing if not hard-working--there is always some sort of big project involving lots of manual labor going on at their house! Between managing their home projects and their almost teenage daughter, Heather stays super busy!

Clearly Heather is an amazing woman, and I feel like Chad and I are extremely lucky that she's one of our best friends! Hope you had a great _9th birthday, dear friend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you looked too young to have a 7th grader....happy birthday, Heather. sa otherwise know as mom