Friday, August 10, 2007

Surprise!!

Last night my husband pulled off something he's generally not very good at: keeping a surprise. Somehow, he managed to organize a birthday party for me with about 20 our of friends without me suspecting a thing. He got a lot of help from our friend Amber, who picked up the cake and bought tons of decorations, and then beautified the loft at our favorite restaurant with help from our friends Kristin and Cara. I was so shocked!! I thought we were going to our regular Thursday night church group, but when he missed the turn to our friend Pat's new house he had to confess that we were having a "social night" with our Journey Group instead of doing our regular study. Still, I thought it would just be the 8 of us hanging out for the evening. I was so amazed to find so many other friends as well, along with my mom and Chad's mom too! It was a wonderful evening and I was so thankful to all of those people who came out to wish me a happy birthday!

It was a very thoughtful gesture by my dear husband, even though I really could do without celebrating b-days at all these days! I guess he felt it was necessary because it was a semi-large birthday, but I think that's all the more reason to forget them! Either way, there were a couple of people there with cameras, so hopefully I'll have pictures of the occasion to share soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be getting pictures to you soon. I'll just load them up to a site--hopefully this weekend!

Beth said...

Kim--that sounds incredibly fun! I wish we were there to celebrate with you! We can't wait to see pictures--I hope Amber caught a pic of your surprised face! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I'm jealous I couldn't be there to join in and celebrate!

Happy B-Day! Glad it was extra special and fun with friends.

kjl said...

Thanks Mildrenos! We all missed you guys and wished you could have been there as well!