Thursday, August 23, 2007

Almost Belated Birthday!

I almost missed it!! It's been such a busy day that I'm just now am getting the chance to say happy birthday to my dear friend Erin! As Erin mentioned on her blog a couple of weeks ago, we have been friends for a very long time, and she is one of the few friends I have from high school that I still talk to on a regular basis. I'm so thankful that our friendship has lasted through the years! Our friendship was and is based on many shared interests, the most entertaining of which was quoting movies! Erin and I can quote movies with the best of them! We have so many crazy memories, and although I won't bore everyone with our high school stories, I can at least provide some good laughing material with some high school pictures! Thankfully, Erin lives in Mississippi, so she is too far away to strangle me once she sees these! :)

Classic hair from around 1988.

I think this was our Junior year, probably 1989.

I know my head is cut off, but it's the one time in my life I was almost as tan as Erin! :)

Our Senior year, fall of 1989, showing off our red tongues from blow pops!

Unfortunately, I have very few pictures of us that are even remotely recent, since I hardly ever get to see Erin these days! This is one taken 3 years ago in the summer of 2004, just so you can see that she did grow up to be a normal adult. :)



I have a few friends who still claim I look like I'm in my 20s (I think they're just trying to be nice), but Erin is one of those people who REALLY could still pass for a college student--even after having two adorable kids! Just a couple of years ago a clerk at a store guessed she was 17 or something ridiculous like that! It's insane! When we were kids we hated it so much when people guessed we were younger than our age, and now I cherish those moments when people think I'm still 30. I'm jealous because I know Erin gets a lot more of those comments these days than I do!

Happy 35th, Paiger!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we were out shopping somewhere when we were out shopping and we stopped at a coffee shop. I am pretty sure you were in college. The waitress laughed out loud when you ordered coffee. She thought you were 12 or 13. =)mom

Erin said...

Thanks so much Kim!!!!! I am just now seeing this. We were at the bay this weekend. For goodness sakes....our bangs....what were we thinking. I can't believe I had a shirt that said "Ski Naked." Nice. Those pictures sure do bring back some funny memories. You put my blog to shame!! You are so good at posting. I know you could have put in some pretty scary pictures of me so thank you very much for letting me keep my dignity!! Wish we could get together more often. Y'all need to come down here and visit!! Just tell Chad he can go deep sea fishing, I'm sure he'll want to come.

kjl said...

Glad you liked it, Paiger! You're right, I did have a few way more embarrassing pictures I could have shared. :) At least this way, the almost only thing we have to be embarrassed about is our bangs. :) Hope you had a good one!

Erin said...

That's easy for you to say, you aren't wearing a "Ski Naked" shirt in one of the pictures.