Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Surprise Pictures

My friend Amber is awesome. Not only did she put together the amazing decorations for my surprise party last Thursday (with some hands-on help from Cara and Kristin), but she also served as one of the event photographers! She uploaded the pictures this week so I wanted to share them with everyone. When you see my attire and general appearance, please keep in mind that this was a surprise, so I didn't exactly know I was going to be out in public!! I thought we were just hanging out at Pat's out so I was dressed very casually, to say the least!

The cake that my husband ordered was hilarious, and Amber got some great pictures of it. She also brought awesome pink Gerber daisies and my friend Faith brought some gorgeous flowers as well. Along with the pink and white balloons and streamers (pink was Chad's idea), Amber picked up some special confetti in the shape of my name--it was so cute and I wish I'd remembered to have her take a close up picture of it too! You can kind of see it in the cake picture if you look really hard!

It was all so unnecessarily elaborate I still can't quite believe it. It would have been wonderful just to have some good friends there, but having Chad and Amber go all out was just icing on the cake. Well actually, Rhett Miller was the icing on the cake! :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wish I could have been at the party!! That is so great that they did that for you.

kjl said...

I wish you could have been there too!!! It's been far too many years since we've been able to celebrate our b-days together! :)