Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sports and (Not So Much) Leisure

Today has been a day of tons of activity here in southern Ohio! I needed to get some training miles in today after only walking about 6 miles yesterday (about 3 on our hike and another 3 with Chad and Eric in the evening), so after sleeping in a little this morning, Chad and Dad and Mim and I headed over to the hike/bike path in the area that extends at least 15 miles through Athens and neighboring towns. Chad, Dad and Mim all jumped on bicycles, and I took off on foot. The weather was definitely warmer today, but still very tolerable, especially since the path was very nicely lined with trees. I went about 5 miles down the path with frequent visits from Chad and Dad, who doubled back every once in a while to keep me company. I turned around and walked the 3 miles back to a little old town called Eclipse where there is a tiny little home-cooking soul food restaurant called Jana's. Dad and Mim went back to the house to pick up Eric and then met Chad and I back at the restaurant for a fantastic lunch!

After a quick rest back at the house, we headed over to the community rec center where Chad and Eric shot some hoops while Dad and I enjoyed a rousing game of tennis. I hadn't played tennis in at least 10 years, but it was so much fun! It took us a while to work out the kinks, but we didn't do half bad considering we hadn't played forever! I love playing tennis and I think I definitely think I should do it more often!

After a dinner of pizza at the "best" pizza in Athens, I kicked Dad's tail in a game of gin, and then Eric and I proceeded to work Dad and Mim in darts as well. It's been a day full of sports and activities, and I must say I'm pretty darn pooped at this point! I should definitely sleep well tonight!

No comments: