Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm Going for the Record

All of last week, I felt like I was on the verge of getting sick. A scratchy throat and slightly aching body led me to take lots of vitamins and attempt to get to bed early. Unfortunately, with the World Series game Thursday night, I got less than 6 hours sleep, and ended up feeling worse on Friday. I went to bed about 11 or so Friday night, and with the help of NyQuil, slept until about 11:00 in the morning on Saturday. I mustered the energy to shower and get dressed, and we went to watch the Jayhawks take on Colorado (more about that later). After the game and a trip to the grocery store, I laid down for a nap, thinking I'd get up again later in the evening. At 10 p.m., I was still sleeping, so Chad got me up so I could get ready for bed. We watched a little SNL, and I was back asleep in an hour. This morning I got up at 11 a.m. again, which was technically noon since we gained an hour last night with the time change. I got up and had a bite to eat and some juice, but I'm still running a low-grade fever, so now I'm back in bed with the laptop, laying around and watching football. I'm bummed about not being able to go to the shelter or go watch the Steeler's game at Jack's, but I'm trying to focus on my amazing accomplishment: sleeping 30 out of the last 37 hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were sorry to hear you're feeling crummy. I missed seeing you at church this a.m.--it's been forever! Hopefully you're feeling 100% by Thursday and can come see us that evening! Yes, we're finally taking our hosting turn, as life will be glorious by then. Keep drinking OJ and getting rest. I'll be praying this doesn't keep you down long!