Monday, October 23, 2006

Dog Pictures of the Week

I made it to the shelter this weekend, and there were lots of cute new dogs just waiting for their photographic debut. I just had to share a few of my favorite pictures from the day:








Diva, a little minature Dachshund from a puppy mill that would not stop crying until you picked her up.


















Charlie, a terrier mix who looked like a Gremlin from the movie when his ears stuck out.

















Maggie Jean, a Cocker Spaniel from a puppy mill whose bouncing made it very difficult to get a decent picture!

















The last picture isn't one that I actually posted to Petfinder, but it made me laugh so hard I just had to share. Let me just preface this by explaining that in the world of dog photography, I see any moment that a dog is not in motion as an opportunity to capture his or her image. For some of the more active dogs, this time of stillness might include the moment at which they stop to go potty. Sometimes, I can get a good picture of their face and then crop out their body, so that it's not so obvious they were relieving themselves. On Sunday, this was most certainly not the case. Look carefully at my picture of Belle, the English Pointer.





Oops.

No comments: