Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Global Warming and The Stones

Okay seriously, Sunday was October 1, and as we were coming home from church at like 11 a.m., it was 85 degrees. The high ended up being 94 that afternoon, and after only an hour outside at the Humane Society I was a sweaty mess. Thankfully, our awesome friends Robyn and Dan invited us to go to the lake since the weather was so summery. Since Chad was on his way down to the Rolling Stones Concert in Wichita (is that not the most hilarious picture of Mick Jagger?), I headed out to Clinton with them to hang out on Dan's new boat. We spent a gorgeous evening on the lake and enjoyed an awesome sunset. Although I will say that the water was so darn cold I thought I was going to croak of hypothermia when I jumped in, Dan and his friend Evan actually went tubing at about 6 p.m.--not even in the heat of the day! I got home that night and had to wear a tank top and shorts to walk the dogs at 8:30 p.m. It was in the 90s again on Monday and is supposed to be 96 today--what is with this weather??? Chad had to turn the A/C back on yesterday morning! Al Gore wasn't kidding, people! The truth of global warming is very inconvenient! Unless, of course, you get to go to the lake in October because of it. :)

No comments: