Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Houston...We Have Hair

I just have to share a sweet picture that I took on Tuesday. My Aunt Merry was visiting from Houston for a few days, so I went over to my Mom's house in Topeka for a few hours in the evening to spend some time with both of them. The coolest thing was, I got there and Mom took off her ball cap, and voila--she has hair! :) It's been about 3 months since she finished her chemo, and her hair has suddenly started growing with a vengance! Even though she was very attractive even as a bald woman, now she can easily go out in public without a hat or scarf or anything on her head, and she won't even draw attention to herself!


Aren't they cute? With Mom's hair short it might be hard to tell, but they look sooooo much alike in person. Except for Aunt Merry's Houston drawl, they sound exactly alike too. They both look so great for their age, it's hard to believe they are 60 and almost 70 years old! I can only hope that I look that great when I get to be that age!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind. She is so small and looks at least my age or less...now how did that happen. Good thing I love
her. =) sA