Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Calling My Fellow Fans of San Diego

In just over a month, my friend Vikkie and I will be traveling to the beautiful city of San Diego for our 3-Day adventure. I can't believe our big event is coming up so quickly! Despite the fact that we walked 17 miles together over the weekend and therefore spent more than 4 hours talking, we entirely forgot to talk about our travel plans for next month! We have our flights booked already, but there are huge decisions to be made regarding transportation, lodging and what we want to see and do while we're vacationing in the days after the 3-Day!


So I need help. Although I visited San Diego a couple of times many years ago, I know a few people who've been there a whole lot more than I have, and a few more who've actually lived there (Eric, Erika, Matt--I'm talking to you guys!). What attractions/sites in the city are definite must dos? Are there touristy things we really need to avoid? Will we want to hang out on the beach at all in early November? Would we be able to navigate the city and suburbs using public transportation alone? If we get a rental car instead, will we pay out the nose for parking? There are so many questions I just don't know the answer to! I've looked over some travel related websites, but there's just so much information I'm not sure where to begin or what to believe!

One of the logistical problems of our trip is that our walk begins in Del Mar, which is actually about 20 miles north of the city. Plus, since we have to be there between 5:30 and 6 in the morning, that might eliminate some of our public transportation options--I'm not sure. However, getting a rental car would mean that we would have to pay to park it for the 3 days we are walking--not to mention pay to rent it when we're not really using it! So many dilemmas--I need help and recommendations! If anyone out there is knowledgeable about the San Diego area, I would greatly appreciate your input!! :)

2 comments:

WikiEric said...

hey Sister,

I'll look into this a little bit. Does your three-day site tell me specifics about where you'll start, where you'll end, etc? I'll start there and we can talk about it over the weekend.

E

kimberly said...

call a cab!

and anything you do in SD will be fabulous. I have been to a lot of places on vacation and san diego is by far my favorite city. there is so much to do! and del mar is gorgeous! so pretty.