Sunday, October 21, 2007

Best Intentions

My intention was to wake up early this morning and go out and walk 8 or so miles since we only walked around 6 miles yesterday around Boulder, even though I was scheduled for 10. We didn't set the alarm, since generally as soon as the sun comes up I'm awake, whether I like it or not. This morning, a woke up and rolled over to look at the clock, and it said 8:13, which I found rather shocking. I jumped out of bed and started getting dressed, putting on my layers since I knew it was supposed to be cold today.

When I rounded the corner from the bedroom to the main area of the loft (which is gorgeous, by the way...pictures later), I realized why the sunshine didn't wake me up this morning. The normally picturesque view from the plethora of windows in the loft was completely clouded by SNOW! ACK!! There will clearly be no walking this morning, since I have no access to the health club here!

While we're enjoying a cozy morning up on the lounge level of the loft building (there's Wifi here but not in our room because of all the concrete in the building), where there's free breakfast and drinks and newspapers, we're still a little bummed about the weather. The first problem with this weather is that I'm not going to get my scheduled 8 miles in. Secondly, we did not drive the Escape, but brought the Hyundai instead!!! ACK!! When we left Thursday evening, the weather was still saying that there would be RAIN in the Denver area instead of SNOW! The Hyundai just seemed like the logical choice based on gas mileage, but we should have realized that the weathermen and women in Colorado were just as unreliable as they are in Kansas!

The third problem with this weather, of course, it that tonight we're supposed to be sitting outside, at Mile High (the football stadium) watching the Steelers and Broncos play. The snow is supposed to stop by then, but the temperature is still supposed to be in the 30s. Thankfully, we brought lots of layers of warm clothing, but I have a feeling the game isn't going to be quite as enjoyable as we had hoped!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad you are having a good time. Sorry about the snow. Bundle up and keep warm!!!!!

Anonymous said...

All I could say was "wow" when I was watching the video. I can see why you enjoyed the loft apartment. sa