Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!

If you're reading this right now, you probably know me well enough to have received my mass email the other night about Fresco. If you clicked on any of the links I provided, you probably noticed that in addition to my videos of Fresco on our Picasa page, Fresco now has his own video on his Petfinder ad! Pretty cool, huh? It's a new feature that Petfinder just added this week, and now everyone who clicks his link will get to check out our adorable little goofball in action. I'm looking forward to capturing some video clips of the shelter residents as well, and my goal is to get at least one of them filmed each week, starting with those who've been there the longest. I really think this is going to help those harder to place dogs find forever families, because video captures their personalities so much better.

While I can barely edit my video to make them presentable, another nearby shelter has gone to great lengths to create awesome professional-looking videos of their dogs. I can't even imagine the time/resources this took--they are so great. You have to check these videos out! They will definitely bring a smile to your face.

My video clips will certainly pale in comparison, but I think some video is better than no video! Oh, and in case you're wondering, the mass email about Fresco the other night did some good! We have two appointments with potential families for him on Friday! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I bet that will help a lot of animals get adopted!