Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Over the Top, Right?

I was reading an article today about the recent murder of the Yale student just days before her wedding. It's such a horribly sad story, and I feel so awful for her family and fiance. It's terribly tragic, but also incredibly unnerving, since it would appear that one of her own colleagues committed the crime, based on the fact that it happened inside their building with controlled access. All of this is really just background info so that I can show you this video that was linked to the CNN story I was reading--a video that I think it completely outrageous.

I'd heard of the "reporter" from this video, Nancy Grace, because I'd seen her spoofed on MADTv and elsewhere, and then I'd seen her all over the news when she grilled some woman on the air a few years ago that ended up committing suicide. However, I don't think I'd ever actually watched her show. Now I know why. Holy moly, I can't even believe this lady is for real. Seriously, you have to watch this.



I could go on and on, but let's just start with that ridiculous sneer/evil eye she's giving the camera most of the time. Then there's the bizarre accent that is so incredibly annoying: "Meery! Meery! Meery!" I'm pretty sure she also said "Yeel" several times as well. Don't forget the fact that she was yelling interruptions at her colleague, and interviewing a student at Yale like he was some sort of expert on building security. Oh, and how about the fact that she made a huge deal about a stabbing two miles off of the Yale campus that happened 10 years ago as if it were some sort of smoking gun! Finally, and then I swear I'll quit, I cannot for the life of me understand why in the world she's making such a huge production about the fact that there are not surveillance cameras inside the Yale building. I mean has she really cracked open some huge case here? Is it really even remotely reasonable to expect every campus building to be equipped with cameras throughout? Does it make any sense at all to compare a campus building to a retail store? Seriously, this woman is so completely bizarre to me--the way she acts and the content of her "reports." I can't believe she is the host of a supposed news show. As my brother put it so perfectly just a few minutes ago, that woman is a train wreck!!

3 comments:

The Renaissance ManBaby said...

Yeah, she's a train wreck. I am not quite sure why she is on the air, except that maybe she's is the tv version of why people slow-down to look at car accidents...

Gina said...

I completely agree... I can't stomach watching her. She has to work at being that annoying. No one person could be born that way!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even listen to the whole report, because she is a fruit cake. Strange we haven't talked about it before. I have often wondered just how she could ever be "liked" by enough listeners to keep her on live television.I had never watched her more than 2-5 minutes a long time ago and sat with my mouth open. How does she get so many listeners?? Ah well...sa