Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow

I am so excited for tomorrow! My dear hubby has been gone since early Sunday morning when he flew to Boston for a training conference. Late tomorrow night, he'll finally be coming home! In our 13 years of marriage, there have only been three other times I can think of that we've ever been away from each other this long. All three times, Chad was home alone while I was away on business. He thinks being the one away is more difficult, because the person at home has the comforts of their own bed and the companionship of the dogs. I, however, think being home is more difficult. First of all, I'm constantly reminded of Chad's absence when I'm surrounded by his pictures and belongings. Secondly, I don't have the sights and sounds of a new and different city to distract me from the fact that I miss him. Finally, being with my best friend all the time makes those mundane tasks of everyday life a lot more enjoyable, so without him, I begin to notice how mundane life really is! I can't wait for him to come home!

No comments: