Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fundraising Frenzy

I mentioned on Monday that things had been crazy busy lately, and this week has been no exception! The primary culprit has been this weekend's Relay for Life, which has taken up a great deal of time at work and some hours at home as well! I don't feel too terrible about using my office hours to spearhead the Relay Team, since after all, we are Team KU Endowment, and the in-house fundraising events were sanctioned by our administration. Regardless, I didn't get a lot of regular work accomplished this week, so I'm thankful that my regular workload was fairly light!

I just went to put another appointment on my calendar, and I honestly started laughing when I looked at the week at a glance and saw this:


Maybe for some people that's not such a busy schedule, but it felt a little crazy to me! The funniest thing is, that doesn't even show you Saturday, when the real insanity will start with an all day softball tournament. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to play softball after getting little to no sleep at the Relay, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

So this week we had a bake sale, a silent auction, a pizza party and an ice cream social at the office. We raised over $1,100 with those four events! Our auction brought in just over $500, with baked goods and coffee earning us $225. Pizza sales were almost $210, and other snacks and ice cream raised over $100! We also had almost $100 in general donations, not to mention the personal fundraising of the team, which totaled over $2,500. My friend and coworker Laurie raised $685 on her own, while Emily reached $300 and Leigh Ann $250. They kind of carried the team, but overall, we rocked!

I'm excited for the event on Friday, but I'm also excited for this week to be over! I'll post pictures from the evening as soon as possible! :)

No comments: