Monday, June 18, 2007

That's One Sweet Ride

Many of you might know that during the last few years, Chad has been spending a lot of time on the road for Westar. Based on the number of miles he's driven during this time, he's eligible for a company car, so he finally decided to take advantage of this fringe benefit. Today was the big day that he brought home his new ride:


I am totally serious when I say that this car is the exact make, model and color (albeit two years newer) as his grandma's current automobile. Needless to say, I laughed my tail off when he told me--I mean this is so funny it sounds like I made it up!

Chad has already dubbed his lovely new Chevy Lumina the Green Machine. Try not to be too green with envy. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a second.... Grandma Decker's car is maroonish! This completely invalidates your entire premise. I'll be waiting for a retraction, Mrs. Chatter (if that is your real name)!

kjl said...

Are you sure? Maybe it was Grandma's last Chevy Lumina that was the exact same color. Regardless, the comparison is not entirely irrelevant, so I will not retract anything! :P

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Chad, but the color doesn't change the cool-ness factor of this car! :) However, hopefully Westar is also paying for the gas so you'll still have the last laugh. On the bright side, I don't think I've ever seen a Lumina as a driver's ed car, which I believe is the ultimate determination of cool-ness factor.

Erin said...

LOL, I can totally picture Chad driving that car. That made me smile. Kinda reminds me of the Brewster Beater Boat.

James said...

Chad, just think of it as a long-term rental and learn all those evasive maneuvers, e-brake turns, and neutral drops you've not wanted to try out on your own car. Have fun!

kjl said...

Erin, I totally forgot that was the name of my first car! I saw one the other day almost just like it. Now THAT was a "grandma" car! In fact, my parents bought it for $200 from my Grandma's best friend! :)

Erin said...

ohhh yeah, we had a good time sailing around town in that thing.