Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hot Dogs Should Not Be Breakfast

This morning I witnessed just a couple of the many reasons that there is a huge obesity problem in our country. I stopped by Kwik Shop on the way to work to splurge on one of those ridiculously unhealthy cheap cappuccinos, which I do every couple of weeks on days when I need a little extra boost to get going in the morning. The first problem is that Kwik Shop used to sell 12 ounce cups for coffee and the like, but these days you have to buy 16 ounces at the least. I don't even want to know how much fat and sugar is in 16 ounces of that cappuccino...but I digress. That wasn't really the main point of this post.

What truly horrified me this morning is that I saw not one, but two people purchasing hot dogs or polish sausage type foods for breakfast. Now in one case I'm making an assumption that this was for their morning meal, since it's certainly possible that they may have been saving it for lunch. However, one guy actually put the condiments on his dog, which clearly indicated he was planning to consume it immediately. Honestly, I can't think of something I would like to eat for breakfast much less than a hot dog--even more so a hot dog from Kwik Shop. Yuck! Our society needs major help when it comes to proper eating and nutrition!

2 comments:

The Tilted Tulip said...

Now that's a breakfast for champions. Yum!

kjl said...

People must keep in mind that you're living in a land of very strange food, so probably anything American sounds okay to you right now!