Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Baby!!

I haven't had much time for blogging lately, but today is such an important day I have to take the time to write just a few words. Today is the 13th anniversary of the happy day I was married to my dear husband Chad! I am so very thankful for my terrific hubby and our fun and happy marriage. I know we are very blessed!!

Chad and I went to lunch and spent the afternoon together, and my wonderful hubby even came to an extremely boring softball double header that unfortunately fell on our special day. He's such a trooper! Best of all, this morning the love of my life and my best friend surprised me with tickets to an upcoming concert of my favorite band in the world, the Old 97's! I am so excited!!

I'm sure I'll be blogging more about the 97's more very soon, but in honor of today's celebration, I have a fun and amusing history of our marriage in pictures. Enjoy--and try not to laugh too hard!! :)



June 4, 1994--Just after we were pronounced man and wife! :)



























Our first Christmas in 1994--Although I might look 18, I was actually 22!















Christmas 1995--Still in our first one bedroom apartment.


















Christmas 1996--Our first year in our first tiny townhome.
















Christmas 1997--Celtic and Steeler make their first appearance, as does Chad's spare tire! ;)














Christmas 1998--Our first year in our current house...a much better picture of the boys than of us!!















Christmas 1999--The boys do not look amused.
















Christmas 2000--Chad does not look amused.



















Christmas 2001--just days after Chad got out of the hospital!

















Christmas 2002--Looking more like the Chad and Kim of today!


















Christmas 2003--No time for a formal picture this year!













Christmas 2004--I'm trying to grow out a very short haircut!




















Christmas 2005--Our first 3 dog Christmas.

















Christmas 2006--Our first Christmas without our dear Steeler. :(





















No one probably enjoyed that as much as I did...I've always wanted to put all of those pictures in sequence to see how we've changed and aged over the years. I hope you found the anniversary entertainment at least mildly entertaining as well! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic husband to surprise you with those tickets. Thanks for including the pictures--they were great! Now I wish we would have started some sort of photographic tradition ourselves! Tell Chad I couldn't help but notice the Larry Bird ornament in several of those shots!

Anonymous said...

Who is the obese imposter pictured with the beautiful Ms. Luce in the late 90's photos? Dude, mix in a salad!

kjl said...

That's MRS. Luce, my dear...did you not get the point of the entire email?? :)

And Amber, if those older pictures hadn't been cropped, you would have seen Larry in every one of them since the year he arrived! :)