Friday, June 22, 2007

The Green Machine

The other day I introduced Chad's new company car, the Green Machine. Yesterday, the Green Machine had its first Lawrence area adventure, when Chad traveled over to a car accident involving a Westar power line. Upon arriving, he ran into his friend and coworker Rex, who runs Westar's Lawrence service center. This is an approximate transcript of their conversation:

Rex: "Hey Chad, is that the Green Weenie?"
Chad: "What?"
Rex: "Is that car number 648?"
Chad: "Uh, yeah."
Rex: "That's my old company car!! I called it the 'Green Weenie'!"
Chad: "Uh, I call it the 'Green Machine', thanks. So I'm getting stuck with your leftovers, huh?"

Clearly, the Green Machine is such an awesome car that its last driver nicknamed it as well! I thought about combining the two nicknames into one, but somehow "Green Weenie Machine" doesn't sound quite right!

3 comments:

matt kirkland said...

Of course it doesn't sound right! That's because the name should obviously be
The Green Weenie Machiney

kjl said...

Very nice, Matt! :)

Erin said...

Personally I vote for "The Mean Green Weenie Machine."