Friday, January 05, 2007

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Thanks to our friends James and Beth, last night we had our first opportunity to play with Wii, the new Nintendo video game console. It's pretty much all I could talk about all day long! This is so my type of video game! While I'm not that much into video games in general, I am a big fan of Dance Dance Revolution (a game we have on Xbox), so I guess maybe when it comes to video games I like to exercise my whole body and not just my thumbs. Quite honestly, I don't like most video games because they're way too complicated for me to figure out. Even if I could figure them out, it would take me years to improve because today's games have too many buttons and levers for me to learn! That's the beauty of Wii. You move your arm around and push one button, and you can play tennis, baseball, golf or bowling--and those are just the games that come with the system. As you can tell from our pictures, it is so much fun!

The graphics aren't spectacular like an Xbox 360; in fact, they're rather goofy and cartoonish, which is part of the charm of the whole system, I think. You can create a little "Wii Mii" (wee me, get it?) that looks just like you to be the participant in all of your games. I think it's a blast!

While Chad enjoyed the Wii, he is much more into the consoles with the amazing graphics and ridiculously challenging button pushing combinations, which is unfortunate because I was hoping he'd ask for a Wii for his birthday. :) He's also extremely paranoid because he read an article about people losing their grip on the controller and accidentally throwing it (with force) right into their plasma TV. Since our TV is Chad's prized possession, he isn't too interested in getting a game that will endanger its very existence! Maybe the next edition of Wii will have a no-slip grip on the controllers, and then I can ask for one for my birthday!

By the way, Beth is an amazing Wii bowler! Check out that form! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed out on one crazy Bible Study! :)

kjl said...

We did actually get some studying done before Wii time began! :)