Monday, January 15, 2007

Reach!

I'm sure not everyone will find this as funny as I did, but our friends James and Beth shared this video with us the other day, and I found it absolutely hilarious. It's a musical prank of sorts put on by Prangstgrup, which I would describe as sort of a comedy troupe that does practical joke type performance art. Apparently this group started at Columbia back in the early 00s. You can go to their website and check out a bunch of different videos they've done, but the one below is by far my favorite.



I generally enjoy musical theater, and while I never really considered musicals to be realistic, I hadn't thought as much about the absurdity of people busting into song in the middle of everyday life until I actually saw it happen.

Can you even imagine how hilarious it would have been to be in that lecture hall?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! I'm just wondering what I would do if one of my students ever pulled such a stunt! This kid is some actor if he can continue singing despite all the laughter around him.

Anonymous said...

That's great...I'm glad you linked that. Now I'm gonna check out their website. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

"Startup Sound" is hilarious...check it out.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you James! Very funny. So often when I'm studying in the "Quiet Zone" of the library, it seems like my computer's start-up sound takes about that long!