Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nancy Drew-Aholic

My husband sometimes refers to me as a Nancy Drew-Aholic. Strange nickname, I know. It comes from my love of these silly CD-ROM games based on Nancy Drew mystery novels. I started playing them several years ago when my friend Erin sent me one to borrow after she'd finished it. Although they're actually intended for teenage girls, they are very fun and challenging! You're probably laughing right now, but Chad will back me up on the fact that at least played on the "senior detective" level, they are extremely complicated.

I actually hadn't played any Nancy games for a couple of years, but over the holidays when I had some extra days off, I decided to bust one out that I had never finished. They take a lot of patience and critical thinking, but they're great for detail-oriented computer nerds like me! Although Chad doesn't have the patience for things like wandering around creepy mansions looking for clues, he has been known to help me by looking over my shoulder, although he probably won't admit it. His favorite way to help is to go online to cheat and find the solutions, so that he can give me subtle hints when he thinks I'm taking too long. He just can't stand the suspense!

Last night I finally finished The Curse of Blackmoor Manor, which I'd been working on for the last couple of weeks. I keep telling myself that I need to take a break and not go out and buy the next game immediately, but it's hard to resist when you're an addict!

No comments: