Thursday, January 11, 2007

How 'Bout Them 'Hawks!

If you missed yesterday's basketball game, let's just say it was pretty incredible. While our beloved Jayhawks haven't exactly been consistent this year, last night they were darn near perfect. Bill's boys dominated the #6 ranked Cowboys from OSU, forcing 20 turnovers with tenacious defense and putting on a dunk clinic in the paint. I'm pretty sure no one keeps official stats on dunks, but it seemed like there must have been nearly 10 dunks in the game from 4 or 5 different players, even though we missed two dunks that were pretty much wide open layups (much to Coach's chagrin, I'm sure)!

The Jayhawks had 17 steals from the Cowboys that they turned into 23 points, and they eventually won the game by 30 points. Clearly, their defense played a big role, but their offense just seemed to be clicking like never before. That saying about a good defense being the best offense definitely held true last night! The most impressive and most improved performance had to be that of Sasha Kaun, who was a man possessed! He had a season high 16 points and was 7-8 from the field, plus he played incredible defense and set amazing picks!

I'd have to say that my favorite play of the game was an amazing dunk by Darnell Jackson, who is one of my favorite players, I guess just because I think he has great potential. I couldn't find a picture of his awesome rebound dunk, but I did find a highlight video that contains it, so take a look if you didn't get the chance to see it last night! If you're interested in a more detailed synopsis of the game than this one, you can check out the Journal-World article as well.

Can you tell I'm excited? Let's keep our fingers crossed for lots more exciting hoop action in the next couple of months!

No comments: