Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snowman Mania

Can I just say that I love snow? I was outside yesterday afternoon enjoying the beautiful snowfall here in Lawrence, hoping and praying that we would get the 6 inches the weathermen had predicted. We only ended up with about 4 inches, which would normally be enough for me to drag Chad up to Campanile Hill for some sledding. Unfortunately, today's snow was very wet, the kind that was great for snowman making but a little too soggy for sledding. As I walked the dogs this afternoon on our regular 1.5 mile route, I counted TWENTY snowmen in front yards alone! That's like a couple of snowmen on every block. Some were a little more elaborate than others, but every one of them brought a smile to my face. I should have been out there helping to make them. I LOVE SNOW!

No comments: