Sunday, December 07, 2008

(Partially) Wasted Weekend

Okay, so maybe my weekend wasn't completely wasted, but I like alliteration--so there. I did get a few loads of laundry done, got some family budget stuff done, had a glass of wine with my friend Karen, took some pictures at the shelter and got them uploaded, and made a quick trip to Manhattan to see our friend Clint and his new bride Jenny. However, what I intended to do this weekend was start Christmas cards and do some Christmas shopping. Chad has been in Pittsburgh all weekend (thanks to his friend Brett, who took him to the Steelers/Cowboys game today), so I thought I'd be super productive. However, I made the moronic mistake of starting Twilight for the second time, and for the second time, I just can't put it down!! Ugh--what is wrong with me???

I guess I did sort of get my Christmas shopping started this evening, because I went to the Samaritan's Purse website and purchased a few items from their Christmas catalog in honor of a few people on our Christmas list who say they don't want anything or are otherwise difficult to shop for. Samaritan's Purse is the ministry that does Operation Christmas Child--a project that we've grown to love over the last several years. This year we received their Christmas catalog as well, which has 40 great gift ideas, called "40 Gifts of Hope for a Hurting World". The gifts are things like food, shelter, clothing and medicine which you purchase for needy people all over the world in honor of someone else instead of giving them a gift. I thought it was a really neat idea, and hopefully my friends and family who receive the honor will too!

4 comments:

amber said...

Oh, I miss doing our OCC shopping together! Did you guys put together a box this year? I didn't even realize they had a catalog. Great idea!

kjl said...

We missed OCC this year too! The deadline was the weekend before my San Diego trip, and we just couldn't find the time to get the shopping done before then!

Anonymous said...

That was not a wasted time at all!!!!
Take a break girl!!!!! love you sa

Erin said...

you are too funny. GO BUY THE SECOND BOOK!