Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Early Christmas

Although it's only Christmas Eve, I feel like Christmas day has come and gone because we've had so many celebrations with family members already! On Saturday, Chad's parents Mark and Ginny came from Salina and his brother Mark and sister-in-law Jen came from Kansas City with our nephews. We had a nice afternoon of eating Chad's awesome chili and opening presents. I hadn't spent nearly enough time with my nephews in the last 6 months because my weekends were so filled up with walking, so I was so glad to see them. It was great hanging out with them for the day!

Miles and Quinn got a ton of Legos from Grandma and Grandpa, so much of the afternoon was spent putting together their new creations. Actually it involved Miles (who is 6 1/2) putting together the little Lego vehicles while Quinn (who is 3 1/2) sat and watched. I was amazed at Miles' incredible concentration, determination and attention to detail when putting together these tiny little Lego pieces. He was so focused! The cutest thing was that he spent so much time putting together his little helicopter, with Quinn watching patiently the entire time, but as soon as he was finished he passed the toy off to Quinn to play with. Miles was all about the creative process and not really about the finished product!

Miles, Jen and I also had a rousing game of Sorry!--which I hadn't played for at least 20 years. It was pretty fun and I can see why Miles wanted it for Christmas! He wasn't too keen about getting kicked back to the start square throughout the game, but Jen made him finish the game even when he was losing to practice his good-sportsmanship skills. He was so cute when he gave Jen a handshake and told her "good game" when it was all over!

Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from the day.


Miles is enjoying the dogs much more than he used to!


Quinn was trying to contain his excitement about presents.

Miles is excited about the massive Lego set!

Quinn is excited about all of the Home Alone movies!

Miles seemed to like his dinosaur building kit.

Quinn is tearing into his Legos!


We had a great day with Chad's family and I of course had a great time taking pictures of the boys. I will admit though, I was pretty exhausted when they left! Being with kids takes the kind of energy that we're not so used to expending! :)

No comments: