Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Roof Over Our Heads

This really isn't very exciting news, but a couple of weeks ago we got the roof replaced on our house. When Lawrence had that big storm in March that damaged all the buildings on campus, there was some hail in our neighborhood which damaged lots of rooftops. Ours didn't see nearly as much damage as most, so we kind of worried that the insurance wouldn't cover it, but thankfully it did! Like a typical woman, I changed my mind about 4 times before we decided (okay I decided) on which colored shingles looked best with the house. Now that there's no going back, I'm still not entirely sure we made (okay I made) the best choice, but I guess anything's an improvement from the low-grade materials that were used when the roof was constructed in 1993. Here are before and after pictures so you can judge for yourself if the new color is an improvement.

BEFORE



AFTER
I guess it's a little hard to see the color because of the glare of the sun, but a keen eye will notice that in addition to the roof, we've also had the windows and siding replaced since that first picture was taking back in early 2005. We might be taking baby steps, but we're trying to keep on top of all the needed repairs and home improvements!

No comments: