Thursday, November 23, 2006

Reasons For Thanksgiving

It only seems appropriate that today I would share some of the many things for which I am thankful.

*I'm thankful for an awesome husband who helped clean house this morning and then even set the table for dinner, after searching online how to fold the napkins into fancy shapes (please excuse the folding chairs and the wrinkled tablecloth that I refused to iron).


*I'm thankful that all of my hard work from yesterday paid off, and that today's meal turned out really, really good! We baked a turkey and a small ham this morning, and then Chad made mashed potatoes. I even made gravy for the first time and was actually successful at it! The meal got rave reviews from everyone in attendance.


*Speaking of those in attendance, I'm thankful that Chad's Grandma Decker was able to join us for dinner despite her less than good health, and for Grandma's niece Patty who drove them all the way from Salina.


*I'm thankful for Chad's parents Mark and Ginny, who are rarely able to come visit us in Lawrence but made the trip to be with us today!


*I'm so thankful that my Mom is still with us this Thanksgiving after her difficult battle with cancer this year! I'm also thankful for her very sweet, but very old dog Ginger, who brings Mom and Cliff so much joy.


*I'm thankful that even though my brother Eric isn't home for Thanksgiving, he will be coming home for 10 days around Christmas!

*I'm thankful that our friends Matt and Erika's cat Quincy arrived safely in Hong Kong yesterday to join them in their new home there.

*I'm thankful that tomorrow we have a whole day off with absolutely nothing to do except hang out and be lazy.

There are so many other things for which I'm thankful, but one that is especially worth mentioning is the blessing of so many good friends that we love dearly! I could make a list, but for fear of leaving someone out, let me just say that you know who you are! Thanks for being so much fun--we love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom looks beautiful.

The Tilted Tulip said...

I miss that dining room! I'm glad your dinner was a success, and Chad, those napkins are Awesome! Have you considered a possible career change...?