Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy (Late) Birthday, Erika!!

Sadly, I'm a day (or two) late posting birthday greetings to our wonderful friend Erika! Her birthday was the 27th, and while it's the 28th where I am, it's actually the 29th where she is! How is this possible, you ask? Erika and her husband Matt recently moved from Lawrence to Hong Kong, where they are 13 hours ahead of us.

Erika, who is seen here with her adorable nephew Brayden, is a very creative person who was a super-duper florist and chocolatier during their days here in Lawrence. She has a very entertaining blog about their transition to the Far East which was one of my inspirations to start blogging. Of course, her life in Hong Kong is much more interesting than ours in the Midwest, but I decided to follow in her blogging footsteps none the less.

While we certainly miss Erika and Matt and the fun times that we had with them at our weekly Journey Group gatherings, we are definitely enjoying the entertaining stories of their new adventures in China. It's a life I can hardly fathom and would definitely never be brave enough to try. So Erika is not only creative and funny and talented and beautiful, but she's courageous as well! Oh--and she's also frequently known as Erika the Encourager. :)

Happy Birthday, friend! We miss you!

2 comments:

The Tilted Tulip said...

Thanks, Kim! What nice things you said...I've never been the topic of a blog post before. And I had no idea I inspired you to keep a blog. I feel so honored. I miss you like crazy! Tell Lawrence hello for me.

kjl said...

Glad you liked it! Since friends and family are a big part of my life, and I have so many cool and interesting friends and relatives out there, it seems only logical that I should talk about them from time to time! Besides, I really have been meaning to put up a link to your blog for quite a while now. Your blog is always so much fun--how can it not be inspiring! :)