Thursday, November 30, 2006

Matt's the Man

The other day I blogged in honor of my friend Erika's birthday, so today I thought I'd send out birthday wishes to her husband Matt as well. How fun is it that they have birthdays just a few days apart?!

Matt is a super smart guy and a talented designer of all sorts of cool stuff. Just check out his awesome website and all of the crazy things in the "fun projects" section. I think one of the most amazing is his current "Pope by Pope" sketch experiment in which he is doing blind contour drawings of each of the Popes throughout history. Some of my other personal favorites are the Vestimentis Ursum projects in which he takes apart mechanical children's toys. Even the picture of Matt above is part of a unique project of his from last year--he grew a beard and then spent a week just shaving it off, bit by bit! There aren't many people in this world as creative as Matt, that's for sure! Happy birthday to the other half of the Kirklands!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm famous. Thanks for all the good press, Kim!

I'm not really creative, though. Quincy comes up with the ideas, I just put them online for him.

kjl said...

Well, I'm pretty sure being featured on my blog won't make you famous, but I still think your fun stuff is worth sharing! I'm sure my handful of regular readers will enjoy perusing your website! What better day to feature your (I mean Quincy's) creativity than on your b-day! Hope you had a good one!