Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cooking Craziness

Wow. What a day. This morning, since I hadn't blogged for several days, I'd planned on talking about how great the last several days had been for many of our favorite sports team. However, my day of Thanksgiving feast preparation took me way longer than expected!

Here's what I fixed today, most of which will be baked tomorrow:

Cherry/Pineapple Jello
Blue Cranberry Sauce
Creamy Green Bean Bake
Homemade Shells and Cheese (like my Grandma Seaman used to make)
Apple Cornbread Stuffing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Squash Casserole
Dinner Rolls (from scratch)
Cornbread (from a mix)
2 Pumpkin Pies
Brine for Soaking the Turkey

Needless to say, it's been a long day and I'm really tired. Although my assistants Celtic and Hope where usually there to help me clean up my spills, for the most part this was a one woman job! The funny thing is, every other day of the year, cooking at our house is mostly a one man job, with Chad being the head chef and me being the assistant. Chad seemed completely fascinated today that I was even capable of such cooking and baking expertise!

So tonight as I rest my head on the pillow with my trusty laptop as the clock reads 11:59, my back and feet ache from standing, but my head and heart are very satisfied with the accomplishments of the day!

No comments: