Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chad Chesney Wins

Okay, I am seriously going to pay for today's blog, but it's just so funny I can't resist. Some of you, who have witnessed first hand how much Chad hates the comparison I'm about to make, will find this funnier than others.

About two years ago, a coworker of mine mentioned to Chad that he looked like Kenny Chesney. At the time, we had no idea what Kenny looked like, so we went home and looked him up on the Internets. We saw the resemblance, but didn't find it to be quite as striking as my coworker did. Anyway, during the last two years, as Kenny's popularity has increased, the "Hey, you look like Kenny Chesney" comments have also been on the rise. What makes it so hilarious is that Chad despises most country music, he really despises Jimmy Buffet, who is one of Kenny's inspirations, and he would not be caught dead in a huge cowboy hats or muscle shirt. There is nothing about Kenny's image that Chad identifies with or admires, which makes him go crazy every time someone makes the comparison. For example, here are some excerpts from an e-mail conversation that occurred earlier today among a bunch of our friends:

Jake--
"I would like to congratulate Chad on recently winning the Country Music Association's 'Entertainer' of the year award."

Chad--
"Jake is a dead man. Funny, but still dead."

So as you can see, I am risking my life (or maybe just 50 lashes with a wet noodle, as my mom used to say) even blogging about this. Regardless, I have to share just a few pictures in which you might be able to see the comparison.

KENNY vs. CHAD



































































And the crown jewel of the comparison pictures, even though I'm so bummed I could only find a thumbnail:







Before he wrings my neck, I would just like to point something out to my dear husband. After I warned my friend Kevin that he'd better lay off of the "Chad Chesney" comments, he pointed out that Chad should be flattered by the comparison since Kenny can get just about any woman in the world that he wants (I assume that applies only to women under 5 foot 3). I realize that Kevin may be exaggerating just a little, but he isn't kidding about Kenny being wildly popular with the girls. Chad should be flattered. And I should be eternally grateful that I have an awesome husband who resembles, but is WAY more awesome than, the famous Mr. Chesney. :)

11 comments:

The Tilted Tulip said...

Ha Ha! Ok, so I've been in on some of those conversations, and I sort of agreed with the comparison, but seeing them side-be-side is uncanny!! Chad could lead a double life as a Vegas impersonator. It'd be awesome! Or maybe make an appearance at a Branson fireworks show, or something. The possibilities are endless....

kjl said...

Two problems with the impersonator gig: a) Chad is not that STRONG a singer, and b) by most accounts, Kenny Chesney is 5'6", so Chad has about 6 inches on him!

Anonymous said...

Chad, take heart. Kim's right that you should be flattered. The only famous person I've ever been compared to is the female actress (don't know her real name) who plays Carrie on Days of Our Lives. I don't watch the soap, but supposedly "I" have been good, bad, dead, and more recently, reincarnated over the years. Who doesn't want to be associated with that?!?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that's too funny. Poor Chad. I feel for him...I'd hate to be compared to someone like that too. He should totally go as "Kenny Chesnie beaten up by Chad Luce" next year for Halloween. Maybe that'll make him feel better.

Anonymous said...

When the sun goes down Chad will be seethin', when the sun goes down I'll be 6 feet in the ground.

Oh when the sun sinks down over the water Kim and I are done for when the sun goes down....

Those pictures are great, I'm definitely going get Chad a shell necklace for Christmas to complete the image.

kjl said...

VERY nice, Jake. Unfortunately, I'm sure Chad hasn't ever heard that Chesney song, so he might not appreciate your songwriting talents. I think you've hit the nail on the head though...I guess we'll see tonight!

Anonymous said...

Well in that case he better check out this link, with his buddy Uncle Cracker (sorry not you Matt)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YP_sB9Sny4

Anonymous said...

Well as all of you know, we are blessed to be such close friends with someone famous. I mean Kenney CHesney. I know Chad travels alot, however, I had no idea he was leading a double life. I guess 'Pure Country' is Chad's favorite movie. Taking the story line a little too much to heart, huh Ken. Can I call you Ken, or do you prefer Kenny. Just don't forget about the little people when you choose to put down the Chad facad and encompass Kenny on a full time basis. I personally have never been to Nashville. How was the award show. Congratulations. On a perosnal note, can you introduce me to Carrie Underwood? Come on, just lunch or something. I'll behave.

The moral is, we're on to you Chad Luce, if that is your real name, and we won't let you get away with it.

-Nolan-

ps: I'd take Kenny Chesney over Conan O'Brian any day of the week!

Anonymous said...

Poor Chad. Someone actually suggested he do something in BRANSON, of all places!! Ouch. That must hurt worse than Any Chesney Chide...

Anonymous said...

Your mother can't save you....=)sa
but Chad does have a good sense of humor. I'd say this should get really interesting!!! Okay, so I laughed a lot. I'm sorry Chad, but if someone asks for your autograph, just sign it.By the way C says "Chad is the most awesome of the two anyway, don't worry about Chesney."

Anonymous said...

Okay, MAYBE I look just a little like him. All of the comments were funny.

Since I just returned from the CMA's, I am still feeling the competitive spirit. Here are my awards:

Best Male Blog Comment
Nolan - funny, and put a little effort into it

Best Female Comment

Crabby Rangoon - Branson fireworks show appearance = brilliant!

I'm sure Jake's lyrics were good stuff, but as Kim points out, I never listen to my own music.

Love,

Kenny