Saturday, August 22, 2009

Barking Birthday Girl

I mentioned the other day that the Bark for Life event in Eudora was tailor-made for our cancer survivor Hope. What I forgot to mention (and honestly forgot all about until we were actually at the event) is that today was the fourth anniversary of the day we brought her home, which means that it's the day we celebrate her birthday!! How sweet is that! We're celebrating Hope's 9th today, even though we really have no idea how old she is. Some days she seems like a 9 year old, and some days she acts like she's two!

The event tonight was small but cute. There were probably 40 or so dogs there, with a few booths and a food vendor and a few dog activities. We walked the track in the park a few times and socialized with the other doggies, but mostly we just stood around and talked to my friend JoAnna, who I hadn't seen forever. JoAnna was kind enough to take a good family picture of us to celebrate the occasion.

Hopefully our middle munchkin enjoyed her birthday evening out with the family and had fun meeting a few doggy friends. I know she definitely enjoyed the special treat of cheese curls that Chad gave her from his dinner. It certainly doesn't seem like an adequate gift for the very special girl who has been bringing us so much joy for the last four years. We are so very thankful for her!!

3 comments:

cw said...

Happy B-day Hope!!!!!!

Erin said...

Awwww, I hope she had a good day. Great family picture!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I didn't remember her birthday. The pictures are so cute and I love the color tone. I also looked at your most recent camera.
Great pictures. wow Happy birthday to Hope anyway! grandma