Monday, October 06, 2008

Friends

Over the weekend I was so thankful to be able to spend a few hours with my good friend Erin, who was visiting Kansas City for a few days from her home in Mississippi. I've probably talked about Erin enough on my blog that you feel like you already know her, but I don't think I've mentioned that our families lived within a few hundred yards of each other growing up. The strange thing is that even though I could see Erin's house from mine, I didn't even meet her until 7th grade when we started going to the same junior high. It seems kind of odd that we really didn't become good friends until high school considering we lived so darn close to each other!

Speaking of high school, I think that 90% of my good memories from those years probably involve Erin in some way. We had so much fun together--it makes me sad that now we can only see each other every few years. As we chatted on Saturday, we couldn't even remember for sure the last time we were together! How sad is that?

I made sure Erin's sister took a picture of us this time so we would remember our short visit! Don't you think we look exactly the same as we did back then?? Minus the hair, of course! :)




Okay, maybe Erin hasn't aged a day, but I certainly have!

I miss you, Paiger! Thanks for hanging out with me on Saturday!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

It was so good to see you Kim!! I really miss hanging out with you. It's sad that we see so little of each other. Thank goodness for the internet. I'm so glad you came up to KC to see me. And thanks for not rubbing it in that the Hawks won and the Cats lost (which is putting it mildly). All I can say about the old picture is, "Holy hair Batman!"