Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Struggling With Sleepiness

All I wanted to do today was crawl under my desk ala George Costanza and go to sleep. I couldn't keep my eyes open. It wasn't just my eyes though--my brain was tired too. It was that foggy kind of tired where you can't focus or function normally, so trying to get work done today was a major struggle.

Although I haven't been getting a tons of sleep this week, it wasn't the lack of ZZZs that had me feeling so out of it today. Yesterday I went to an appointment with a new doctor who specializes in lower back/hip/pelvic pain. He prescribed some medicine that I started taking last night that was supposed to help with my pain and also help me sleep. I didn't necessarily notice a better night's sleep last night, but holy cow--I certainly felt like I could have slept all day! Hopefully I'll adjust to the medicine soon and won't feel like this forever!

While the doctor thinks this medicine (which, oddly enough, is actually an anti-depressant, which kind of freaks me out) might help a little with pain, he thinks that ultimately the solution is for me to have back surgery. It's not exactly the news I was dying to hear, but then again, I feel like I've exhausted all my other resources at this point. I'm ready. So let the surgeon shopping begin!

No comments: