Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy LaborBirthday

I hope everyone has thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful Labor Day! As Chad and I are celebrating a day of not working, we are also celebrating the very special 2nd birthday of our very own Fresco Luce. I just realized that our dear little puppy doesn't even have a middle name--I need to work on that. Anyway, most everyone knows the story of how Fresco came to be part of our family, so I won't go into detail, but let me just say that this amazingly loving, amazingly goofy, amazingly smart guy could not be much more important to us! At least once a week, Chad and I have a conversation about how happy we are that we rescued him. He was so worth it. :)

As anyone who has visited our home knows, Fresco is the happiest when he's the center of your world, so it's always a bit of a struggle for us to give all three dogs the attention they crave and deserve. Fresco makes it darn easy though because he's just so darn lovable. This morning I awoke to a his sleepy little eyes staring me right in the face as his head lay right on my pillow.

One of Fresco's most adorable habits is his preference to have one limb hanging off the bed at all times. I have no idea why in the world he insists on doing this, but it's so flippin' funny. Here are some pictures I took a couple of weeks ago to just show off his adorableness. Notice that he's also quite the contortionist. Since he's only 2 he's still very flexible!






You can pretend not to notice how much dog hair is on our bed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful "little" guy! He is so cute. I might be prejudice and I don't care. Happy birthday Fresco! I am so happy that you are part of our family. Love, sa (alias grandma to special furry loveable dogs)

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Fresco! I can understand why he is so happy. He's got such wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

Great Pics, master photog!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Puppy!

I want to pet him so badly! Sleeping dogs are about the cutest things in the world :)