Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The End

My dad called yesterday and pointed out that I hadn't been blogging much lately, which is definitely true. With the longer and longer training walks on the weekends, it's been more and more difficult to find time to sit down at the computer on Saturdays and Sundays. Thankfully, I'll have a little more time starting this weekend, because our softball season has finally come to an end. We played a double header on Sunday night with our co-ed team and my women's team did the same on Monday. Although I'll be very glad to have the extra hours on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday (when Chad's men's team played), it was kind of a bittersweet ending to the season. Not only did I personally play pretty poorly in the last couple of months, but both of my teams had a hard time winning games down the stretch. It was a big bummer. I managed to get hit in the head by a throw a week ago Sunday, then hit in the shin this last Sunday, then hit by a one-hopper in my face on Monday night. Clearly, my skills are diminishing, and I'm starting to feel like I'm hurting my teams more than helping them. It was a very depressing realization, and it definitely put me into quite a funk the last few days, which is another reason I've been a little quieter than normal. I'm sure next year I'll miss playing, but I think between my advancing age and my aching back, it's time to hang up the old glove and cleats. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at your last doubleheader to see you get 4 or 5 hits, so I don't think your skills are diminishing as much as you state:)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And you have at least 30 yrs. for "advancing age" to set in.sa