Tuesday, September 07, 2010

You Gotta Have Faith

On Sunday, we went to the beautiful wedding of our dear friend Faith and her new husband Andy. We've known Faith since the early 2000s when we started playing softball with our friend Danny's Set'em Up Jack's team. She is an extremely smart, talented, gorgeous, thoughtful and loyal friend and we are so thankful to have her in our lives. We're also so thankful she found such a wonderful man in Andy and that we were able to be present for their beautiful wedding ceremony!

Faith and Andy started dating just over two years ago and have only been engaged since February, but I still felt like I'd been waiting forever for this friend's wedding. Prior to dating Andy, Faith had an on-again, off-again relationship that was pretty disastrous, and she was upset or depressed so much of the time. It was so difficult to see our beloved friend so unhappy, so we were thrilled when she met her new husband, who is a firefighter here in Lawrence. I remember distinctly how she beamed the first time she introduced me to him at Robyn and Dan's wedding. She was truly like a different person when they started dating and I just couldn't be happier for both of them!

Their wedding on Sunday was so perfect, and Faith did a terrific job with all the planning. It was an outdoor event at a location in nearby Eudora--the BlueJacket Crossing Vineyard & Winery. This was the first wedding the winery had hosted and the setting and scenery were just perfect. It was a little windy, but for the most part the weather cooperated too. Our good friend Nolan actually officiated the ceremony, because he'd gotten ordained online a few years ago so that he could officiate the wedding of a different friend! Andy and Faith wrote their own vows that were absolutely beautiful. When Andy read his vows to Faith I seriously had tears streaming down my cheeks, and I hadn't cried at a wedding forever! Faith's brother Justin sang and played the guitar and did a terrific job. The rest of the music was very unique and special, and when Faith and Andy walked back down the aisle as husband and wife they played "Faith" by George Michael. It was just so perfect and all so beautiful!

The reception was equally fantastic with lots of hors d'oeuvres, salad and pasta by Danny's staff at Jack's and terrific wine from Bluejacket. Faith's mom made 14 different cheesecakes for the occasion--I had the cappuccino cheesecake and it was phenomenal. Faith made centerpieces out of wine bottles with sunflowers and set each place setting with name tags on the wine glasses, and each glass also had a wine charm personalized with our initials! It was gorgeous and so creative! We had a great time hanging out with friends and I had a terrific time dancing with the girls, since of course my husband doesn't dance. The event even included a fantastic sunset! Later we met our friends down at The Oread for some more socializing and celebrating, which was a nice end to the terrific evening!

Of course I didn't take my good camera, but now I kind of wish I would have, because there were so many great moments that I would have loved to capture with better pictures. Regardless, there are hopefully a few good ones in the batch!


1 comment:

cw said...

Great pics, even with your point and shoot! While I am sure the wine was outstanding, the Bud Light was an excellent vintage.