Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fortyish Friends and Family

On Saturday we went to KC to a cool spot in Westport called Henry's Bar & Tables to celebrate the big birthday of Chad's brother Mark--it was his 40th last Wednesday! I seriously can't believe my brother-in-law turned 40 this year, which means my own brother will be 40 really soon too. Crazily enough, I think I might have met Mark prior to meeting my hubby, since he and my brother became friends when they were in 7th grade--two years before I met Chad. I've known my bro-in-law for 27 years I think--that's craziness!

Anyway, we didn't get to hang out with Mark and Jen much at Mark's party (since he was the guest of honor and was busy entertaining all sorts of people besides us), but we did get to spend some quality time with some other of Mark/Eric's friends from high school, which was so great. Our friends Phil and Sally were there (the ones who have a small family farm near Lawrence), which was great since we've only seen them a couple of times in the last couple of years. Our friend Chris, who I haven't seen for about 15 years, was also there and we got to meet his wife Laura for the first time. Our friend Charles was there as well, and we got to meet Charles' girlfriend Michelle for the first time too. It was so great hanging out with everyone. Chris and Phil were some of Eric's best friends from high school and were like big brothers to me--I just love these guys!

I actually forgot to take any pictures until right as we were leaving, but I got a few as we were telling everyone goodbye. I'm so glad we were able to be there. Thanks for having us, Mark--and many happy returns!

2010-05-21-Mark'sBday

1 comment:

cw said...

Cue John Eddie song....

If Mark is 40, that means I am 28, correct?