Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Campus Beauty

A few weeks ago I took a couple of hours of my weekend to go up to campus and take some pictures of the incredible tulips that were blooming everywhere. The tulips were so amazing, but they only bloom for a few weeks before succumbing to the warmer weather and torrential spring rains. I knew that my window of opportunity was quickly closing, so I actually went up to campus on a late Saturday afternoon like a complete nerd. Well, I actually went Saturday afternoon and Sunday late afternoon, because when I got there on Saturday afternoon I took a handful of pictures and then realized my battery was dead. So I guess I actually went on Saturday like a complete nerd and a complete idiot and then went back on Sunday.

Really my ill-prepared photo session is beside the point. The point is I think some of the pictures turned out pretty good, and I can't wait to figure out (with some help from my friend Kelly) how I'm going to edit the RAW files and make them even prettier! My ultimate goal is to pick a bunch of these to go in my 35 picture frame for the piano room, and maybe a couple of more to frame and hang in the bathroom downstairs. There are a bunch to choose from--check out the slide show when you have a few minutes!



While I love some of the flower pictures, many of those could have been taken anywhere--you can't really tell they're from campus. I think I'm going to pick out some that are clearly campus related. Let me know if there are any you really like!

2 comments:

cw said...

I like the Strong, Hoch, and Chi Omega pics the best. Nice shooting, Tex!

Jen said...

I love the red tulips pic with the fountain in the the background. My favorite part is the one red tulip trying to stand a head taller than the rest. As if to say, "look at me."