Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight Obsession

Today was going to be my day to get caught up on blogging about the 3-Day and getting all the pictures posted. Instead I spent about 90% of my day reading. I finally broke down and the other night and bought the first book in the Twilight series, after hearing so many of my friends talk about it for so long. My friend Erin suggested it would be a great thing to read on our trip to Salina yesterday, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I started reading on our drive yesterday morning. By the evening drive home, I was already obsessed so much that I was reading by the light of my cell phone since I didn't have a flashlight!

We got home and I continued to read until about 12:30 this morning, then woke up at 7:30 and started reading immediately! I managed to finish the book within my first few waking hours, fully intending not to start the second book immediately. My obsessive nature with books is why I don't read them more often! Unfortunately, I talked to Erin, who mentioned a sample draft of the latest book online, which is actually just a retelling of the story I'd just read, only from a different character's perspective. I thought it would be just a few chapters, so I thought I'd read it really quickly, and was completely into it already when I realized it was 264 pages long! Unfortunately I have no self control and couldn't stop what I'd started, so I read off and on all day until I finished the excerpt, even though I knew full well what was going to happen!

I did get a couple of other things done today--several loads of laundry, the dogs walked, the 3-Day pictures resized, the KU game watched. For the most part though, I was pretty worthless. My worthlessness became even more apparent as my persistent husband worked the entire day to restore our laptop to working order after we picked up a virus. His tenacity on the project was extremely impressive. It's only because of his diligence that I'm able to blog tonight from the comfort of bed! Thanks, best friend!

2 comments:

James said...

How funny, Kim! I didn't even know about Twilight till two weeks ago when there was all the buzz about the movie! We've been dabbling into the vampire world ourselves by watching the new HBO series True Blood. It's kind of stupid but entertaining. Happy reading!

Erin said...

I'm so glad I have another friend to talk with about the books. Just be glad they are all out and you don't have to wait for her to publish another one!