Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Bachelorette

Over the weekend I made my first trip the new Power and Light District near downtown Kansas City. Although I'm not a big fan of their website (which I found slightly creepy), I have to say that the "live block" of the district where I ate with friends was pretty darn cool. There were many open air bars and restaurants with lots of music, lots of people and a gigantic big screen TV where we were able to watch Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal with hundreds of other fans!

The girls' night in Kansas City was in honor of my friend Robyn's bachelorette party, as her marriage to our friend Danny is coming up in just a few short weeks. Robyn (seen here with her sister Emily) and Dan have become good friends of ours over the last 6-7 years that we've all played softball together, but I have to say that I was a little unsure about going to Saturday evening's events. Not only did I feel like I'm way too old to even be going to bachelorette parties, but I was kind of nervous about the craziness that might ensue that evening. Thankfully, it was a fun night that was relatively tame, and I had a nice time hanging out with my friends! Thanks, ladies!

It seemed appropriate to blog about Robyn's big party since today also happens to be her birthday! Happy b-day, Rob! :)

No comments: