Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Shout Out to My Peeps

Things have been a little busy the last few days. Thursday night we had an evening with friends (hooray for our Journey Group), last night we had houseguests (hooray for Dad), today we're traveling to Salina with our nephews (hooray for Miles and Quinn) and Sunday we have a wedding to attend (hooray for Pat and Kristin). I think blog posts are going to be few and far between for the next few days. Before we leave today, I just have to give one last congratulatory shout out to my friends Jake and Amber, who are now BOTH officially PhDs! I mentioned last month when the title of Dr. Amber became official, and Dr. Jake has since successfully defended his dissertation as well. I love this picture of them after the hooding ceremony last weekend, which Jake unfortunately didn't get to participate in because his defense wasn't scheduled until after the deadline. Regardless of the lack of a ceremony, Jake is still a doctor, so I'm kind glad he didn't make the deadline--it will give them a good reason to have to come back and visit us next year from their home in DC! :)

No comments: