Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My First Photo Session

Today I came home for lunch and went straight for the new camera bag. I put in the battery, I inserted and formatted the SD (memory) card, and then I learned how to put a lens on the body. I set the time and date and then started taking pictures! I took pictures of the dogs, stuff outside, and anything semi-interesting in our house. It was so much fun! I initially put all the settings on auto, including the focus, but then soon after I switched to manual focus so that I could start getting the picture that I wanted instead of the picture that the camera thought I wanted! It was terrific!

I was having so much fun taking pictures that I lost track of time. I suddenly looked at the clock and noticed it was 1:00 and I hadn't eaten lunch yet! I packed the camera away and proceeded to snarf down a few pieces of deli meat and then grab some carrots and string cheese snacks to eat on on the way back to work!

So while the pictures aren't terribly exciting, here is my first photo session.



If you want the captions, you can always check out the photos on our Picasa page. Then you can also check out these new pictures next to all of those I've taken with my previous camera. Hopefully you'll be able to tell the difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to LOVE it, especially once you start manipulating your ISO to get shots without your on-camera flash.
Can't wait to see all your photo adventures!