Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Puppy Love

I just had to share a few of the adorable puppy pictures that I took on Sunday when I was at the shelter. There have been so many litters of tiny babies there this winter it's just unbelievable. They are so amazingly cute.

This is little Ray taking a nap. He was born at the shelter and his mom was a Beagle mix.

Ray is looking a little disoriented because I woke him up to take his picture.

This Ray's brother Chug.

This is Ray and Chug's brother Smooch, who was just too tired to wake up for pictures!

And the holy grail of puppy cuteness...




This precious little Pit Bull mix pup isn't even available for adoption yet. His whole litter got very sick and now he's fighting pneumonia. He was outside for a little fresh air on Sunday, but of course he needed his little sweater to protect his little baby body from any chills! That sweater is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!


How stinkin' adorable are they? Their ridiculous cuteness doesn't change the fact that I wish they'd never been born. There are just too too too many of them and not enough good homes. Why don't people just get their dogs spayed and neutered?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! What photogenic pups. I think Smooch seriously looks like a stuffed animal. I can't believe those three all came out of the same litter!

Anonymous said...

I want a puppy. Someone stop me!!!!sa

Erin said...

oh my goodness, i'm glad i don't live in Lawrence because I'm not sure I could resist one of those!