Monday, March 17, 2008

Belated Birthdays

Yesterday, my mom and I celebrated her belated birthday with some shopping, lunch, and basketball watching. I'll admit that maybe watching basketball isn't exactly normal "girl stuff" and probably wouldn't have been my mom's first choice of activities, but thankfully it turned out to be one of the most amazing games of the season, so I was very glad we were able to enjoy it together! We ended the day with a brisk but cold 2 mile walk and some lessons on Mom's first digital camera that was a hand-me-down from yours truly.

So while I was busy celebrating my mom's birthday belatedly, I was also busy missing my friend Beth's birthday! Happy Birthday, Beth!! Sorry I missed your b-day yesterday!! Although I've neglected to blog about a lot of birthdays this year, I didn't want to neglect Beth completely since she's very far away and I can't give her a birthday hug in person. As you may remember, Beth and her husband James moved to Guatemala last summer (this picture of us is from their going away party) so that Beth could take a job at the American School of Guatemala in Guatemala City. They are super brave and adventurous people who have been having some amazing experiences in Central America! If you haven't already, you should really check out their blog. There are some terrific pictures and stories about the area in which they're living and all the places to which they've been traveling. I love living vicariously through their blog since I'm confident that I'd never seek out such an opportunity! I think Beth's super strong to be taking on this incredible challenge, and I'm very proud to call her my friend! Happy Birthday, Beth! :)

No comments: