Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Streaks Are Over

I'm so depressed. The basketball season was going so beautifully. I have to admit, at 20-0 on the year, we were looking so invincible that I was completely overconfident that we would win tonight's game. I hadn't really watched K-State play this year, and I was expecting to see the same KSU team that had lost every year in Manhattan since I was 11 years old. I guess the streak had to come to an end at some point, but to have two streaks end at the same time just makes the loss that much more painful. I'll definitely be in mourning for at least the next 20 hours.

You can read the whole story from the Lawrence Journal-World here, but it's probably not even worth your time. The bottom line is that we played poorly, the officiating was terrible, and K-State was amazingly good. That pretty much sums it up.

The good news: it's January and not March. A loss now may bring about mild depression, but a loss in two months will bring me to tears!

No comments: